A New Month, a Renewed Focus: Mental Health in Schools
September marks the end of summer and the beginning of autumn. For students, it means settling into classroom and homework routines, and for adults, the holiday season is suddenly right around the corner.
October brings an opportunity to continue dialogue around mental health. Mental Illness Awareness Week, National Depression Screening Day, and World Mental Health Day fall in October. Our Goodside Health team looks forward to joining you and school systems across the nation as we continue conversations around the health and wellness of our campus communities.
Good News from September 2022
- Goodside Health Invited to Speak at ConvUrgentCare Symposium. Goodside Health Chief Technology Officer, Alan Sticker, was invited to present “Building a Culture of Experimentation and Collaboration to Drive Innovation in Healthcare” at the ConvUrgentCare Symposium in Scottsdale, Arizona.
- Goodside Health Presents Alongside Industry Experts at PALs United. Goodside Health’s Senior Vice President of Education and Strategic Initiatives, Tracy Spinner, presented at Patient Advocacy Leaders United for Movement Disorders (PALs United) virtual event “Trends & Issues in Telehealth – Advocating for a Balanced, Patient-Centered Approach”.
- Goodside Health Celebrates Hispanic Heritage Month. This historic month carries into October as we observe Hispanic Heritage Month by highlighting five historical change makers who shaped education and healthcare and shining the spotlight on team members.
- More Than 2,200 Gaps in Children’s Healthcare Closed Since the Start of 22/23 School Year! Thank you to the growing number of school districts and families that continue to trust Goodside Health and SchoolMed to care for their students.
- All this and so much more … be sure to check out all of the Good News.
SchoolMed Monthly Insight
- What’s New With The Flu? Flu season is ramping up and it’s normal for people to have questions. Here is a comprehensive guide from the Center for Disease Control (CDC) that can provide guidance as you keep your campuses safe this fall.
- A New Month, a Renewed Focus: Mental Health in Schools. Mental Illness Awareness Week, National Depression Screening Day, and World Mental Health Day fall in October. Find out how schools can create a safe and healthy environment for learning and growth.
- The Importance of Connectedness. Adolescents who feel connected at school and at home have more successful outcomes. Read these recommendations for how schools, caregivers, and health care providers can foster connectedness.
Goodside Health is proud to welcome our newest partner districts, and thankful to our returning partners, including:
- Austwell-Tivoli ISD (TX)
- Goodrich ISD (TX)
- Huntington ISD (TX)
- Meyersville ISD (TX)
- Weslaco ISD (TX)
Thank you for joining us in our mission to close the gaps in children’s healthcare through innovation and execution.
Your Partner in Whole Child Health,
About Goodside Health
Goodside Health is advancing the delivery of pediatric care by partnering with communities to provide access to physical health, mental health, and telehealth services at school, at home, and in the clinic. Relentless advocates for expanding access to care and promoting health equity, Goodside Health leverages a Whole-Child Approach to care and lives our mission of closing gaps in children’s healthcare through innovation and execution. To learn more about Goodside Health, please visit www.goodsidehealth.com.