Let’s Make 2022/23 the Healthiest School Year Yet!
Back-to-school is in full swing and campus communities continue to prioritize health and safety as students return to class. This month we released the “State of SchoolMed” and shared some important insights from the 2021/22 school year. These findings provided a foundational understanding of the state of student health and safety as we head into a new year.
Good News from August 2022
- Students are heading back to class, and SchoolMed is working to keep them healthy and in class! The Goodside Health provider team has seen an increase in SchoolMed visits when compared to last school year. We expect that trend to continue into September as the final schools open their doors to students in September.
- Fort Worth ISD and Goodside Health shared an important SchoolMed Success story! Watch the story of Amanda and Witt as they discuss their experience with SchoolMed at Tanglewood Elementary School.
- The Top Five Most Common Reasons for a SchoolMed Visit in August. Sore throat, cold symptoms, fever, headache, and COVID exposure were the top five reasons students saw a Goodside Health provider this month.
- Goodside Health Presented at Health Tech Austin Telehealth Summit. Thought leaders and innovators came together in Austin this month to share their knowledge, experience, research, and insights about telehealth.
- More Than 10,192 Whole Child Physicals Served! Our dedicated Goodside Health providers were proud to serve a record number of students and schools with wellness infused sports participation physicals across Texas and Florida this year.
- All this and so much more … be sure to check out all of the Good News.
SchoolMed Monthly Insight
- Transitioning Back to School Can be Challenging. Listen to this podcast from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and discover ways to help students navigate back-to-school challenges.
- Have a Safer and Healthier School Year! Check out these tips for ways to keep students healthy and safe this school year.
- How to Keep Children with Disabilities Safe. Discover how communities can support children with disabilities.
- Schools Provide a Healthy Start. How can schools provide a safe and healthy environment? Click here to find out.
Goodside Health is proud to welcome our newest partner districts, and thankful to our returning partners, including:
- Central Catholic High School (TX)
- Aquila ISD (TX)
- Region 3 ESC (TX)
Thank you for joining us in our mission to close the gaps in children’s healthcare through innovation and execution.
To those yet to join the SchoolMed movement, let’s talk about the impact that SchoolMed can make for students (and staff!) in your district. Click here to schedule time with us today!
Your Partner in Whole Child Health,
About Goodside Health
Goodside Health is advancing the delivery of pediatric care by partnering with communities to provide access to physical health, mental health, and telehealth services at school, at home, and in the clinic. Relentless advocates for expanding access to care and promoting health equity, Goodside Health leverages a Whole-Child Approach to care and lives our mission of closing gaps in children’s healthcare through innovation and execution. To learn more about Goodside Health, please visit www.goodsidehealth.com.