Goodside Health joins with passionate providers, peers, advocates, and communities in putting the focus on wellness this Mental Illness Awareness Week (MIAW).
Through our partnerships with local and national providers, hundreds of school districts, and millions of eligible students and their families, we strive to expand access to vital services and share the power of lived experience that matches for this year’s theme of ‘What I Wish I had Known’.
Mental illness is widespread in our communities and significant work remains to reduce the stigma so often associated with it. It’s never been more important to prioritize whole person health and to promote an open dialogue around our emotional wellbeing.
Did you know?
- Nearly 17% of children ages 6-to-17 will experience a mental health disorder and roughly 20% of U.S. adults experience mental illness each year, according to the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI).*
- The U.S. Congress established the first week in October as MIAW in 1990 to recognize the efforts of NAMI to raise mental illness awareness.
Reaching out for help
If you or someone you know may be experiencing mental health concerns, there are many resources available:
- Call or text 988 to connect with mental health professionals with the 988 Suicide and Crisis Lifeline, formerly known as the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline.
- Call the Veterans Crisis Line number is 1-800-273-8255, press 1.
- The NAMI HelpLine is a free, nationwide peer-support service providing information, resource referrals and support to people living with a mental health condition, their family members and caregivers, mental health providers and the public. NAMI Helpline: 1-800-950-NAMI (6264) or text “HelpLine” to 62640 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Goodside Health
Goodside Health is advancing the delivery of pediatric care by partnering with communities to provide access to telehealth, mental health, and well-care services at school, at home, and in the clinic. Relentless advocates for expanding access to care and promoting health equity, Goodside Health leverages a Whole-Child Approach to care and lives our mission of closing gaps in children’s healthcare through innovation and execution. To learn more about Goodside Health, please visit www.goodsidehealth.com.