It’s Just About Time to Head Back to School!
Are you ready?
We sure are! Our team came together in Austin this month to ensure that SchoolMed is ready to close more gaps in children’s care than ever in 2022/23. We’re also excited to announce that all SchoolMed partners began receiving their Back-to-School Marketing Package this week – just in time to get the word out before the first day of class.
We hope you’re as excited for the new year as we are, and we can’t wait to share more Good News with you along the way.
‘Good News’ from July 2022
- The SchoolMed Movement Reaches 100 Districts! Thank you to each and every school district team member that is a part of the SchoolMed movement. We’re proud to announce that we welcomed our 100th, 101st, and 102nd school district partners this month.
- More than 8,600 Whole Child Physicals served! Our dedicated Goodside Health providers continue to bring sports participation physicals with wellness included to districts across Texas and Florida.
- Goodside, Texas Extend COVID-19 Testing Partnership. This month we proudly announced the extension of our contract to provide testing to districts across Texas for the 22/23 School Year. Interested in bringing Goodside Health’s testing program to your district? Send us a message today!
- Closing More Gaps in Care in DFW! Congratulations to the team at our newest Urgent Care for Kids clinic in McKinney.
- SchoolMed Kits are Rolling Out the Door. Our team was hard at work preparing SchoolMed Kits for our newest district partners. Each kit features point-of-care testing supplies and everything else needed to help school partners care for their campus communities.
- All this and so much more … be sure to check out all of the Good News.
SchoolMed Monthly Insight
Staying healthy is top of mind as back-to-school approaches. Here are some quick tips to keep your students healthy as they get back to class.
- Healthcare in schools isn’t novel – it’s a movement! Check out this podcast from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) about how research shows school health services reduce absenteeism and the link between health and academic success.
- New friends, new school, new schedule? The start of a school year can breed anxiety in students for a host of reasons. It’s important to teach them healthy coping skills to smooth the transition.
- Choose the healthy option! Learning to eat healthier at school is as important today as it has ever been. Whether it’s educating families on their meal plan options, making sure students eat breakfast, or choosing the best options for your packed lunch, proper nourishment is vital to academic success.
- Sleep is fundamental to health and wellness. This article can provide you with the tools you need to make sure your students are getting their zzzz’s.
Goodside Health is proud to welcome our newest partner districts, and thankful to our returning partners, including:
- Arlington ISD (TX)
- Farmersville ISD (TX)
- East Fort Worth Montessori (TX)
- Lovejoy ISD (TX)
- Campbell ISD (TX)
Thank you for joining us in our mission to close the gaps in children’s healthcare through innovation and execution.
To those yet to join the SchoolMed movement, let’s talk about the impact that SchoolMed can make for students (and staff!) in your district. Click here and schedule some time to connect with our team.